Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Week 1, Ex. 2 -- My good and bad habits

Since I can remember, I've always had these habits in my mind. Hmm.. maybe that's why I became a librarian! But this is not to say that I actually do all of these things.

I knew I wanted to be a "lifelong learner" (even though I didn't know about that phrase) when I first started college. I chose to major in journalism because: 1) I was on my high school paper and 2) my friend was also going to be a J-major. When I started college, I was amazed to see what other people were studying, the variety of classes being offered, and the careers people were choosing. It was then when I realized how much there really was to learn out there; now if there was only a way I could learn it all.

Anyhoo, back to the 7.5 habits. I think my strongest habit is the 7.5: PLAY! Some say I play too much (thanks mom), but mostly I get positive reactions to my attitude towards work, learning, relationships, family, etc. There are definitely times when I need to be serious and buckle down to get some things done, but life is too damn short to be serious 24/7. :)

My weakest habit would have to be setting goals and the plan to achieve that goal. Many times I'll have a goal in mind, but not have a plan on how to do it. Then the goal just falls to the side, or it takes way longer than it should to achieve. Just like the tutorial said, writing your goals down does help, so I've started doing things like that. I also try and tell people what my goals are so I have someone around to hold me accountable.

No comments: