Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Week 4, Ex. 8 - RSS

I was aware of RSS feeds and I used them occasionally, but I never have used Bloglines before. It's a great way to be able to log into one website and read all of the news you want without having to log into 2390234820 separate websites.

Here's mine: http://www.bloglines.com/public/rockstar-librarian .... it's definitely a work in progress. I chose ones I thought I would like to read; but if some are boring, I'll remove them, as well as add interesting ones.

I'm glad I made a bloglines account because one of my goals of this year was to keep up with current events and this is a great way to do so!

It's also interesting to me how sites like bloglines are helping people make the most of the Internet. There are so many websites and information out there, where does one person even begin to read everything? Well, people don't read everything; they shouldn't. Having a way to organize and prioritize information is what makes sites like bloglines so important.

I hope to use my new account to bookmark not only for my personal use, but to bookmark and share feeds that would help me out with my job!

No comments: