Thursday, March 22, 2007

Week 8, Ex 18

I've been using Google docs for a while now. It's been a good alternative to working on documents at home or at work... especially when I forget to bring a flash drive with me. My favorite way to use Google docs is my "what to read" booklist document. Usually I find books to read at the library (duh) so it's nice to be able to log in and just add the book to my list. Then I can access the document at home and look through the list in my spare time.

I've never used Zoho Writer until now. I really like all of the different features it has besides making documents and spreadsheets (especially the to-do lists and presentation functions). Overall, I still find it pretty amazing that services like these (especially the web conferencing) are now being offered for free. Less than 10 years ago, it was something I would never think of using because I was just a student or not working for some huge company. But now I can web conference with other librarians, friends, family.. anyone! :)

Probably because I have access to a computer at work and at home, I wouldn't use this site very much. But I can see a student or someone who is just always on the go, but doesn't have a laptop, using Zoho a lot. I've tried to talk to customers about using Google docs, or another web word processing site, but there is still this disbelief that the document will still be there when they log off. There has also been issues that the customers may not have Internet access when they are at home.

No comments: