Thursday, March 22, 2007

Week 9, Ex. 21 - Podcasts

I'm familiar with what podcasts are, but I haven't used them very often. Perhaps it's because I was scarred for life during library school when I would have to listen to a 25 minute podcast about cataloging. *shrug*

But I took a look at Podcastalley and Yahoo! Podcasts and I sure have been out of the loop. There are many more podcasts than I thought were out. I did a couple of searches on my own interests and found some interesting podcasts. When I did a search for "wine" I found podcasts from large organizations like the SF Chronicle, and I also found one called "Napa Valley Wine Radio." This podcast had some really cool episodes about chemical balances, sulfites in wine, barrel building, and interviews with various winemakers in Napa valley. I liked it because it wasn't just about what wines we should drink. And I liked it so much, I added it to my bloglines account! :)

I did another search on "weight loss" and again, found a huge range of podcasts. My favorite ones were individual's podcasts that journaled their weight loss... kind of like an audio diary.

Another podcast I found that I may start using soon are the language ones!
http://www.japanesepod101.com/
http://learninggerman.mschubertberlin.de/podblog/

No comments: