Thursday, March 22, 2007

Week 8, Ex 19 - Library Thing

Library Thing was cool, but not really my cup of tea. I don't really have a desire to share with others what my favorite books are (unless they ask). I also don't care about getting book suggestions. I usually have a pretty huge list that never seems to get shorter even if I read books faster and faster.

I understand why people like this site: it's really user friendly, and it is fun to add book to your "catalog." I guess I just don't see myself using it very often.

Oh yeah: here's my link! http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=rockstar_librarian. Most of the books I chose were pretty popular among other users, but there were a some authors I was surprised didn't get too many hits (Steve Martin and Thomas Friedman).

One of my books, The Devil in the White City, has a review that described the book as, "a mezmerizing read." First of all, it's spelled: mesmerizing. Second of all... the definition of mesmerize is: "attracting and holding interest as if by a spell." Was the book really that amazing? I just thought Larson has a good way of keeping the reader interested in the story. Well, perhaps that reviewer is in awe over serial killers during the world's fair.

No comments: